Sunday 16 December 2012

IT’S A DOG IN A TUXEDO!


             IT’S A DOG IN A TUXEDO!


It is only the wedding day when you are made to feel the world’s prettiest person. When all your acquaintances gather around you and with dilated pupils, sky high eyebrows, their jaw dropped in awe and one hand over their heart praise you.

“oh! God. She looks like a princess” or “he is the most handsome and charming groom I have ever see.”

But what if someone else take away your thunder and make you compete to his creditability on your perfect day?


THE DOG WHO ROBBED MY WEDDING DAY


{The first hand experience of the lady that how her wedding day got ruined, in her own words. Nothing edited, added or subtracted}


“It’s such a cute dog. Look he is wearing a tux. Man! He is more handsome than the groom”, it was all that I was hearing on my wedding day five years back. The dog in the tux took away my thunder.

This is how it all started. Mine was an arrange marriage through one of the matrimonial sites. Within short period of time the date was fixed. My soon to be mother–in–law and sister-in-law kept talking about the other very important member of their family who approved me to be the part of the family. He was none other than their dog “Snow”.

Well actually we are not allowed to call him dog, he is the other son of the great family. I took it as the joke first but how seriously the meant it, I came to know after I was married.

After the approval of Snow, the next thing was customary gifting of clothes to the groom family. We didn’t count the dog actually, but we were made to realize the blunder committed by us by the other party. So finally, we went shopping for the dog with the dog.

Oh god! You must have never seen such a stubborn dog that had such a sense of style, particular with the color he wanted and I don’t know how could he differentiate between the cheap stuff and the expensive ones? Thank god, there were no Raymond’s or john player’s brands for dogs; otherwise our dog would have been brand specific.

His wardrobe coasted us unnecessary five thousand bucks which included a sherwani with a red duppatta for the sagan programme, black tuxedo for the marriage and black and white stripped silk shirt with a pearl necklace for the phere ceremony.

Apart from the wardrobe expenses on the dog, the big basket of dog food very fancily packed was kept as the gift with the other dowry things displayed on the table at the venue.

All was fine, I accepted, but the water flowed over my head when that nasty little two ear old dog rode on the white horse with my groom to the venue of the marriage. My dark knight who was suppose to road on the white steed to sweep me from the ground was riding with a dog in tux for me.

It was amusing for the people standing to welcome them. They have their hidden laughs and few who couldn’t control their tongue commented that the bride have option here as the there are two grooms came riding the horse. I was red, people thought I was blushing but not at all, I was all red with anger.

Dog in the tux was robbing my “the day”.

It didn’t stop there but continued to haunt the whole place. People were busy playing with him, feeding him and forgot they have come to attend the marriage. I couldn’t make any of my friends jealous for looking so pretty, as no one noticed because of that dog. Worst he sat with us around the holy fire during our rituals vow taking ceremony. I have that whole video graphed.

It was the “Snow” storm on my wedding day and no one could feel the chills of that storm except me. Can anyone in the world believe I was competing with the dog?


PHRENOLOGY OF PET LOVERS


If you want to find the facial sign for the love of pet animals, the landmark is to find it on lips.

Full, moist and red lips

Bulging and redness of the centre of upper lip

Upper lip well formed like the arrow of cupid

Fullness of lower lip


EPILOGUE

It’s been five years since the lady got married. Dog is seven years old now. Though the life expectancy of his breed dogs is twelve to fifteen years but the dog is terminally ill.

Vet says that the dog has been over feed because of which he had put on lots of flab and his bones are giving up bearing his overweight. The family’s love for the snow is slowly dragging him to his untimely end.

The star five years back is fading away slowly.

As I have been informed that they are trying to book a temple or gurudwara premises to conduct the after death programe for the dog as his end is very near and they are preparing themselves for it, with broken and tender heart and tears laden eyes.

My sympathy and condolence with the family. May god give them strength to bear this difficult time.
Amen!


MORAL

Dog is man’s best friend but don’t kill him with your illogical and blind love.

No comments:

Post a Comment