Monday 2 November 2015

Breaking Free

DID YOU CHECK YOUR BUCKET LIST?
YES I OPENED it and OMG! So much is left to be done…
As I turn a year older and take one more step towards the horizon, I realized how many things are still left to be done. Mind it, these things are not worldly duties or family responsibilities but those small pleasures of life and things which always interested me. As I go through my list, I find some pleasures were so trivial that I could have accomplished them at that time only. But I don’t know or remember what stopped me then or what stops me now? So today I promise myself that no matter what I will sincerely try the following:
I'M GONNA MAKE
THE REST OF MY LIFE
THE BEST OF MY LIFE
This will be my mantra from today. I would appreciate people if they accept me as I am and don’t burden me with their expectations.SORRY I am neither a tele serial Bahu nor a typical Beti. I have changed enough for many people (believe me 95% were undeserving).LOVE and RESPECT are unconditional (at least I believe so). Don’t follow my principles and neither feel obliged to follow mine. This is MY LIFE and I will live it once only. BE an INDIVIDUAL and let me be the same. You will be happy and at peace. AMEN and TRUCE
Back to my bucket list-I will learn the things I wanted to like driving, sketching,whistling etc without thinking about Economists-“ISSE kya fayda hoga? Is umar mein drawing seekhni hai?’ Back then I was clueless, now my answer is “It will make me happy and for me my happiness is not only important but it’s priceless also”.
I will laugh as much and as loudly I can because it makes me look beautiful and its free.( Also I can’t afford Botox shots to get rid of so called fine lines)
I will read all the books I had wished and not wait for sales /discounts.
I will try my best to visit the places I had always wished for because “ You have to visit places, places don’t visit you.” Useless to go when ‘PETU MEIN AANTH(intestine) NAHIN AUR MUH MEIN DAANT NAHIN’) At 50-55 I don’t think I will be able to do Rain Dance (Kajol-SRK in KKHH) or standing atop a snow clad mountain in chiffon sari ( Madhuri Dixit a la PUKAR). YUP! No sharam I am a complete BOLLYWOOD buff and a die hard romantic.
I will eat what I like and the way I like (don’t worry I will take care of my health and continue with my exercise regime). But DUNIYA WALON meri UMAR AUR SEHAT ke naam par mera khana mat band karo. Our country has many problems, think about that and not about my weight and fat. I am beautiful and comfortable with my body and I love my curves.
I will walk and dance in the rain (with an occasional ice cream-it tastes best) and will not care about LOG KYA KAHENGE woh to waise bhi kahenge.
I love to watch sunrise and sunset. Sunrise gives me hope, positive energy that I can still do better. Sunset tells me I need to hurry up as the mighty Sun also sets and every thing has an expiry date.
And the most important thing—I will “LET THE CHILD IN ME LIVE FOREVER.” NO matter what people say “Jeeyenge toh saath aur marenge toh saath” (Told you I am very filmy).
Stay connected with my old buddies and relive old memories.
I love kids and elders and bond instantly with them. Kids make me feel young. Interacting with them helps me understand their views and thoughts. Learning modern gadgets from them gives me a feeling that all my senses are still working decently and a sense of accomplishment. Older lot forces me to do the incomplete tasks and fulfil my wishes because every actor has a limited part.
See how much time I have wasted in pleasing people par “HAI RI KISMAT still no one is happy”.
So MERI UMAR KE NAUJWANO,
LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH and STAY CALM
open up your bucket list and as SALMAN KHAN says
“DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO”
because ABHI NAHIN TOH KAB.
Remember to share some of your wishes, may be we have something in common

By BHARTI KIKAN

No comments:

Post a Comment